Topics in Development Studies 2021
Between February and May 2021, the Topics in Development Studies Cycle offered a series of conferences in Development Studies, for example in themes as Sustainable Development, Public Policies, Environment, Human Rights, Sustainable Agriculture, among others.
This cycle is organized by four academic institutes, participating in the PhD Program in Development Studies at the Universidade de Lisboa, respectively ISEG – Lisbon Institute of Economics and Management, IGOT – Instituto de Geografia e Ordenamento do Território, ISA – Instituto Superior de Agronomia and ICS – Instituto de Ciências Sociais
The conferences took the form of webinars due to current health constraints.
Recordings of the webinars are available in our videocasts (Youtube) section under Events and Resources.
- 19-02-2021, 17h30-19h30 | Webinar “Planetary Logistics: Urbanization, Circulation, Disruptions“ | Niccolò Cuppini (University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland – SUPSI)
- 26-02-2021, 18h00-20h00 | Webinar “Taking the Scare out of Scarcity: Why ‘perfect storm’ narratives serve to keep the poor poor” | Lyla Mehta (Institute of Development Studies and Norwegian University of Life Sciences)
- 5-03-2021, 18h00-20h00 | Webinar “Understanding Developments in Participatory Governance” | Adrian Bua & Sonia Bussu (De Montfort University and Manchester Metropolitan University)
- 12-03-2021, 18h00-20h00 | Webinar “Territorial Approaches for Food Systems Transformation” | Francisco Bendrau Sarmento (FAO)
- 19-03-2021, 18h00-20h00 | Webinar “Is sustainability a desire for the wealthy and a fate for the poor? Challenges for Land and Landscapes” | Jorge Cancela (School of Architecture, Universidade de Lisboa)
- 26-03-2021, 18h00-20h00 | Webinar “Challenges and Changes in Mobility and the Effects of COVID19 Pandemic” | Nuno Marques da Costa (IGOT – Instituto de Geografia e Ordenamento do Território, Universidade de Lisboa)
- 09-04-2021, 18h00-20h00 | Webinar “Enhancing Africa’s Capacity for Delivering High-quality Training and Applied Research to Address Regional Development Challenges: Experiences from ACE Project” | Jibrin Mohammed Jibrin (Africa Centre of Excellence in Dryland Agriculture, Nigeria)
- 16-04-2021, 18h00-20h00 | Webinar “Global Commodity Chains and Economic Development: Issues Past and Present” | Susan Newman (Open University, UK)
- 30-04-2021, 18h00-20h00 | Webinar “Trade, Robots, and Industrial Development: Evidence and policy options“ | Paulo Bastos (ISEG, Portugal)
- 07-05-2021, 18h00-20h00 | Webinar “Experiments in Economics and their Ethical Dimensions” | Alice Sindzingre (SOAS e CEPN-U. Paris-Nord)